The 'Hole' Truth.
This CPD outlines the process of selecting and sighting louvres, emphasising on their performance within the overall building envelope.
• Guidance on selecting & sighting a louvre
• How louvres work
• Performance testing of louvres
• Classification of louvres
• Noise reduction
• Wind effects
• Sizing of louvres & sizing risks
• Purpose provided openings
• Aerodynamic performance
• Functions of the building envelope
• Ventilation openings in the building envelope
• Energy efficiency & the building envelope
• Designing for air tightness
• Designing for indoor air quality
• Common factors in ventilation systems
Benefits to User & Business
This seminar has been accredited by the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) as being of significant technical merit to enhance the competence of practicing engineers. In addition it is also aimed at architects, contractors, local authorities and all those with the ability to influence the design, layout and provision of safe and comfortable indoor environments.
The louvre is an integral part of any ventilation strategy, hence it requires careful selection particularly in a naturally ventilated building, therefore it is important to understand how to select the right product.